Sunday, November 23, 2008

Classes at The Forum Shops

Meep...I've accidently become a teacher! If you read one of the earlier blog posts I made about Xstreet SL, you may have noticed the bit about looking for the short class on how to signup for Xstreet.  It's true, I've now stumbled into teaching inSL.  

It all started one night when I was suffering from writer's block.  My goal is to write one blog posting a day, but as you can see I'm writing one about every two days.  My mind started to wander as I sat at my desk, banging my head against the keyboard, trying to jar something loose for the screen.  I began to think about how my learning style seems much better situated to being in a class and learning from an instructor.  If most people are like me, is it even worth it to write a how-to blog entry?  

That's when I decided I needed to start teaching too!  Along with writing about how to do things that help avatars going into business inSL, I'd also start offering quick classes.  We're all very busy, so a quick 15, 30 or even 60 minute class is a perfect way to spend a short amount of time learning a new skill or product that can be essential to the success of your Second Life whether you are a creator, shopper, or business owner. 

I've already started offering two classes, one on how to signup for the web shopping service Xstreet SL that lets you shop on the web and have items delivered to your Avatar inSL.  The second is a class on how to find freebies on Xstreet. If you have ideas for other classes, or specific times you'd like to see a class taught, please add it to the comments for this blog post.

Following are ideas for several other classes I'd like to offer. 
  • How to signup for Xstreet SL (already being offered)
  • How to find freebies in Xstreet SL (already being offered)
  • How to sell items using Xstreet SL (in development)
  • How to use the forums in Xstreet SL to market your items (in development)
Other course possibilities:
  • Creating and using a group inviter for your store
  • How to use the slide presentation Tool
  • How to make a blogspot blog for your business/creations
  • How to make a drop shadow in Photoshop for a sort of 3D effect
  • How to make a seamless repeatable texture in Photoshop
  • Demonstration on how to use the Fashion Show Venue 
And I'm sure you can think of many more!  Please post suggestions to the comments or drop me a notecard inSL to CultureCannibal Zilz.



No comments: